View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 06:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New member Damon 4309

Hi everyone. I am new and would like to take a few minutes to introduce myself please keep in mind that computer skills are limited.

My first symptom was 2 days before 2000 December 1999. My index finger started shaking. Also my right arm did not swing with walking. DX came in 2005 and was previously called "parkinsonism" The first 10 years a slow progression. When new symptoms developed I was given more medication..
12 months ago I started getting bad. I have to use a wheelchair sometimes I never know when . My "on" time is now less than my "off" time. My life is upside down and I am having problems in every area.

I am 58 and retired on SSDI at 55 about the time my cognitive abilities started
to decline. There are so many thoughts that I want to share. My "meds" are causing hallucinations and I started gambling and all areas of acting out. A few weeks ago my body started to get rigid and turning over in bed is struggle There are days when I appear normal which confuses people because I do not need the wheelchair.
My Sinemet dosage is every two hours as I take the following

25/100 carbo/levo-----23 pills per day.
50/200 carbo/levo........3 pills per day
Entacapone-200 mg 8 x per day.
Requip now reduced to a minimum .25 3 times per day(had been as high as 18mg per day.
I choose not to drive and life has become a prison. I am a type a personality
and just can not accept depression. This disease that began at 44 has destroyed my will to live.

My psychiatrist today said I should exercise and eat healthy.....

Well I have taken up some space and hope to become a part of this forum.
Any advise is appreciated.

Damon
damon4309 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote