View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 08:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Concussion story with questions

I suffered my first to my knowledge concussion last year on June 8th. Had PCS problems for awhile. Dizziness and nausea for a 2 weeks basically but I brought those on because my rest was watching television. Once I realized that was the problem I just slept or laid with a shirt over my eyes. Eventually started going back to the gym. Don't know the time frame. I think I didn't have any problems after a couple months. Had headaches for a bit after the gym but eventually got back to it 100%, and was back to heavy lifting and lots of anaerobic and aerobic exercise. Though one thing I did notice was my anxiety and hypochondria increased a whole lot to the point I take 10mg prozac. So last Monday I hit my head around seven. Felt fine. The next day I developed dizziness, nausea and headaches. So I had a CT scan 24 hours after the initial hit. The hit to my head wasn't that bad. I thought nothing of it. Though I did worry about a concussion. Only because of anxiety and hypochondria. It's been a week now and I can watch television and play on the phone without any noticeable problems. My neck feels stiff though and I have a slight pain behind my eyes and some lethargy I guess. My questions are
-My PCPs nurse called today and said that he saw my ER visit and wants me to come in to be evaluated. Why
-Should I be worried about anything like continuing problems to the point I need another CT scan?
-Anyone done Chiropractic care or massage to alleviate problems
-Is prozac hurting my progress? Also is there something else I can do in place of Prozac. It does help and so does exercise.
masond_06 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote