Thread: O/T Groceries
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

If you have a family of four, that family can go to a place called Costco, or the Price Club, or Sam's Club and buy everything in bulk.

You can save big time that way.

But if you are on a budget and let's say there are two people in the house, first you have to tell me if you want to eat healthy, or if you want to fill up on Cereal, macaroni and cheese, and frankfurters.

You can eat for a few bucks if you eat stupid, or you can spend $100 a week and eat chicken, fish, fresh veggies, and salad (just like Alan and I do). But you have to know how to shop, where the best price of chicken and fish is per pound. You have to know where the best produce store is and buy your lettuce and veggies on sale, (especially tomatoes).

See, it's all about what kind of food you are into. And I didn't even include BEEF in that scenario. Alan and I do not eat any red meat or beef.

We get our protein from chicken, fish, turkey burgers and we combine that with a low carb lifestyle.

But if you like spaghetti, well, that costs peanuts and you can LIVE on that for a week. Add eggs for breakfast with some rolls. And you can do this on $25.00 a week. Make your own home made sauce and you're good to go.

If you need recipes for muffins, let me know.

lol
Melody

P..S. If you have kids in the house, you have to add milk to the equation. And probably Soda. We don't drink soda, but kids love it.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote