View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 09:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
Hellothere,

This started December 20th to be exact. I spent a month running in circles until I found David Leaf on January 16th. From this point until about mid-February things changed dramatically. I'd say 4 weeks this time around (vs. about 2 YEARS previously!)

Here's what I did almost exactly on rowing:

* 4 times per week. All using a cable row machine
* Workout 1: 4 sets of isometric holds. Light weight...about 30lbs on a horizontal row machine where you sit down. Ten reps. This was with a two handed bar.
* Workout 2: 4 sets of about 12-15 reps using about 60 lbs.
* Workouts 3 and 4: Repeat above.

Workouts 1 and 3 were purposely really light and focused on isometrics just to get the rhomboids trained to "activate." Workouts 2 and 4 were more focused on building strength. I progressed rapidly from here. I'm now doing one handed rows with the injured side at 60 lbs x 8 repetitions.

All that said, the pec minor pounding was far more important. You have to loosen before you strengthen. And I would do 5-6 tissue massages per day starting January 16th. And not gentle. Getting on the floor...rolling on my pec minor on a softball...cross friction 30 x 3 times in different locations and then 30 more times along the muscle.

Doing pec minor religiously and then adding in the posterior work, results were noticeable within a week's time.

KY
Thanks for the reply Ky, So no Lower traps activation or strengthening stuff?
Have u resumed to normal gym routine yet?
hellothere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote