Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 04:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was just diagnosed in January 2014. So like you, I am also new to taking Mestinon.

From what I have read, Myasthenia Gravis affects every individual differently. So, it is difficult to know if a particular illness, medication, stress, etc. etc. etc. is the culprit for worsening symptoms. This makes it really hard for doctors and people with Myasthenia Gravis to know which treatment plan and which medicines will work best.

Everyone who takes Mestinon has to adjust their dose to their own needs. Some people vary their dose daily, depending on how they are doing that particular day. While, some people do better when they take the exact same amount every day at the exact same time.

Some people can't take Mestinon, even at small doses, because it makes their condition worse!

It has been frustrating trying to figure out if the amount of Mestinon I am taking is making my MG worse or if I am just getting worse. And if I am just naturally getting worse then I might need to take more Mestinon. Talk about confusing!
Bipedal Primate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-05-2014), pdsmith (03-05-2014), southblues (03-05-2014)