View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 08:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hellothere,

Well, a couple of other exercises I've integrated into my routine:

* Prone Cobras -- lay on a swiss gym ball face toward the ground with feet on the ground. Squeeze scapula together and raise straight arms with palms rotating up. This activiates lower traps. I started with no resistance and held this position for 30 seconds. I then moved to 3 lb dumbells and now use 5 lb dumbells.

* External Rotation -- Simple enough. With bands.

I'm not quite back to my regular routine. I've just lost too much strength due to the nerve compression. All of the muscles on the left side of my body -- tricep, bicep, lats, rhomboids, deltoid, etc. -- are all weakened in comparison to my healthy right side. The tricep is the worst offender. It's the reason why I fail at pushups around #10...my left tricep just gives way.

Now that symptoms are gone, I'm increasing intensity. I'm using something called "myo reps" to accelerate strength gains on my left side. So for example, if I was doing a one armed row with my left hand to increase rhomboid strength, instead of doing just one set of 8 reps, I'll do one set of 8 followed by 15 seconds of rest, then a second set of 5, rest again, and then a final third set.

I'm getting there. My goal is to be at full, even strength by April 1.

Knock on wood.

KY
kyoun1e is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote