Thread: "question"
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

The studies from Europe to prevent CRPS in wrist and ankle, trauma and surgery, used either 500mg a day or 1000mg a day for at least 50 days. It would be best to use at the time of the
injury, but you should try it anyway.

Some people on the RSD forum here get IV infusions and claim improvement. If you type in Vitamin C into the search engine on page 1 of the RSD forum, you'll see lots of entries. (including some from me quoting the papers from Europe).

The Vit C is supposed to quell the inflammatory response to the injury site which is causing the CRPS symptoms.

I also use Ester C --I get mine reasonably from Puritan's Pride.
It is also at Costco for a nice price. Try WalMart's too...as their supplement prices are very good, and also they carry good manufacturers as well.

Look carefully at the magnesium label. If it says Magnesium OXIDE, it won't work as it is not absorbed. You need another type that is better absorbed. SlowMag, or Magnesium glycinate, malate, lactate, or gluconate. There is a lotion you can rub on also...called Morton Epsom Lotion. It is sold locally at WalMart and online at Amazon.

You cannot take magnesium WITH gabapentin. It should be spaced far apart. Magnesium will block the absorption of the gabapentin into the blood stream.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote