Old 03-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hi Bouncybabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncybabs View Post
Hi everyone, I had my NEVRO senza trial in August 2013, and it was brilliant. I've two leads, one covers c2 thru to t3, the other is in my lumbar. Post trial was initially terrible, however, after multiple reprogrammings, we hit gold...for a while. I managed to come off oramorph, and was reducing my cocodamol, then suddenly everything started to hurt. Every day, I would have pain free times, and then like turning a switch, my arm, spine and legs would start hurting. I can only equate it to an epidural wearing off during full blown labour. It really started to mess with my head, it would make me scream out loud and then I'd cry. I've never been the 'pain person', I was confident and self assured, merrily going for surgery after surgery (8 in total in the past 14 years).
Now, the pain is almost constant, and the device is causing pain. Everyone I know who has had the implant (I went on the INPUT course at Guys and St. Thomas' in London), and at this present time, we are all in such pain. Could it he the weather? It has been cold and wet for months now, and that is the only common denominator .
Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, but I just need to find out whether anyone else has experienced this? We had a 9 month reunion, and all of us are more depressed than we were pre implant. I had my implant privately, but 3 months after the implant all insurance relating to my spine has been removed. Now I'm at the mercy of the NHS and I've got to wait until 9th April before I can be reprogrammed.
Welcome Aboard!

Yes indeed you are at the right place! There are several here who also have the Nevro, so you certainly are not alone.
I'm very sorry for the problems you and the others in your group are having with your units. Also the fact that your insurance has dropped coverage on your spine health. This is SO not right that they did this.

Do your doctors give you and the others any type of options in the effort of trying to find out why these units quit working, such as re-program sessions or tests to see if leads migrated? Here in the states, the Nevro isn't being used (yet)...as far as I know. I wish I knew more about these. I will surely study up on them, as there are more and more people getting them.

Do stick around. Like Pam said, plenty of caring people here and we are always looking out for one another. Even if you just need a vent.

Hopefully answers will begin to come

Caring,
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-22-2014), ger715 (03-06-2014), Hana (03-08-2014), Hannabananna (03-06-2014), Mark56 (03-06-2014), PamelaJune (03-08-2014)