View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 10:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Bikram Yoga for PD good or evil?

Hello Everyone,

I came across this forum recently and found lots of invaluable infos. Hope to get your collective wisdom on Bikram yoga. This type of yoga is practiced in a hot room with approximately 104 degrees for 90 minutes. I was practicing Bikram yoga for number of years, was diagnosed with PD in 2012 and stopped going to classes for 8 months. Bikram yoga has many benefits, it improves your balance, flexibility, strength and cardiovascular capacity. It’s also highly addictive, in a good way - endorphins make you fill great. Anyway, I resumed going to classes about 10 months ago. However, despite its benefits, I worry about potential increase of oxidative stress, induced by extra heat. After reading the link (can not post a link apparently) today at * website about exposures of fruit flies to extreme conditions including high temperature, I am re-thinking if I should continue Bikram. Even a thought of it makes me depressed, though
I wonder, if someone has an experience with it, or opinion, or came across any reference.
Finally, sorry for grammar and style - English is not my 1st language.

Last edited by Jomar; 03-05-2014 at 11:50 PM. Reason: no linking or attempted redirects for new members
Lana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote