View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Oh and Mrs D I doubled my fishoil too. I sure hope this inflammation goes down

A couple of things from your article were good...

A chronic inflammatory state, as evidenced by elevated C-reactive protein, results in significant damage to the arterial system.

THis is what scares me.

But I have been on a diet in the last 6 weeks, serious diet and have dropped my cholesterol 80 points on diet alone from 315 to 234. I sure hope all that free cholesterol is not swimming around my blood causing problems.

Autoimmune disease and some types of arthritis chronic aare orms of low-grade inflammation. The immune system mounts defenses that go beyond what is necessary, reaching an elevated plateau where inflammation becomes damaging to otherwise healthy tissues...well I have Hashi's...does that mean that it is causing damage to my arterial system?
Fat cells literally pump out C-reactive protein, which could explain why being overweight is so bad for the heart...maybe this new diet burning fat is causing mine to go up? I know grasping at straws.

Low levels of the steroid hormone DHEA have been correlated with increased C-reactive protein levels

Wow the doc said I had very very very low DHEA and should supplement it. ONe of the reasons my sex hormones might be low too. She thinks perhaps adrenals are tired and not enough energy to operate sex hormones

High levels of hs-CRP in the blood also seem to predict prognosis and recurrent events in patients with stroke or peripheral arterial disease.

Sure hope I do not have PAD - periphal artery disease

Thanks again, I was just talking out loud.

I sure hope that if I have hurt the circularoty system that it is fixable or controllable. Sigh
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote