View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Specifically tegretol was mentioned in
The link I gave you for abdominal seizures.

Gabapentin and Lyrica are most commonly
offered to patients with PN pain. They are
Anticonvulsant drugs. Other anticonvulsant
drugs are Dilantin, topamax, lamictal, keppra,
Depakote , Tegretol/Trileptal. All have various long term potential
Toxicities., and this is why gabapentin and Lyrica are favored
For PN treatment.

It is very typical to have rebound pain with
neuropathy when the Benzos wear off.
This is their down side.

Have you had the tests to show the
Compression of your celiac artery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewie View Post
I was referring to xanax. I didn't take one last night and hardly slept and my nerves are on fire today. My stomach seizure feelings have been better though. What you say is sure interesting. I read that pregabalin is also a gaba enhancer. I couldn't find any info on here about it used for nueropathy though.

I don't know if I made it clear here but I have been diagnosed with MALS and have talked to 2 surgeons that think the surgery may not help me. The nueropathy I have is directly related to my stomach though. Sometimes I feel fine until I eat then my nueropathy flares up, feet cramp up twitches all over. Other times I will be in lots of pain and eat and it will all go away. I woke up feeling horrible today, Ate a big (for me) lunch and have been much happier since. Also if I take anything for my stomach (ppi, stomach supplements such as pepzin or any supplement or food that is hard on the stomach) my nerves flare up like crazy. I took cymbalta and i made nerves really bad and made my stomach worse. I think I am going to have the surgery cause its the only way to know if it will help or not.

So my take is I respond to Gaba enhancing drugs or anti convulsants like xanax. What other gaba enhancing drugs are there?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 03-06-2014 at 12:15 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote