Thread: Zanax
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 03:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default With you all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
I know it's annoying when somebody comes up with "be careful with that" when you are in such discomfort but... be careful with Xanax.

It works great at first, which is one of the reasons why you become dependent on it after even a few weeks. (alprazolam is one of the worst for some reason).

When I detoxed from alcohol, it took about 3-5 days - which is normal.

Detoxing from Xanax (1mg/day) took me 3 to 4 months, and it wasn't fun at all.

I don't say this to scare you, just so you know - as already mentioned - that it isn't without risk.
Yes, please be careful. I had a very hard time coming off it in 2012 and recently have been told to take it again, I dislike it so much I call it the dreaded drug. When I say dislike, I mean what it does to you, it wipes your memory, you do and say things you may not recall even if prompted. Yes it soothes and makes you feel well while you remember but as you become accustomed you may feel the need to increase your dose. Don't, please don't, and if you have, tell your Dr and slowly cut back. I'm scared of it even if I take it once a week. I had to take it again over the weekend and today I'm feeling the anxiety that comes over you where you mistakenly believe oh, if I take one of them I will be ok. My husband is a DDO and in all their seminars they say it is worse than heroin. It is very much an addictive medication.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (03-07-2014), Lewie (03-06-2014), mrsD (03-06-2014)