View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 04:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Doing a lot better

Hey all, I haven't checked on/posted on this website for a while. It's been about 6 or 7 months since my second concussion which gave me post concussion syndrome. I wanted to let all the newcomers know it does get better. The people on here give great advice and I wanted to say thanks so much for all the advice and support I got on my prior posts.

I was suffering from a variety of symptoms. The worst being head pressure, brain fogginess, and bumping/jolting sensitivity. I also had a bout with depression and anxiety for about 2 of the 6 months and I got over that without meds. For the most part the head pressure and brain fogginess has ceased even with me easing back into exercise which was something I could not do at all a couple of months ago. The jolting/bumping sensitivity is still there but has drastically improved in terms of the symptoms it triggers and the recovery time from jolt to a point where it isn't that big of a deal.

I was hopeless for a time during this ordeal, however I am doing quite a lot better as I have stated and am continuing to improve. I hope to eventually get to a completely normal life while being cautious and smart. I will share some of the keys to which I think greatly contributed to me getting better. Many of my keys were recommended by people like Mark on this site (deeply appreciative) and some other things I got through my own research and trial and error.

SUPPLEMENTS
- Curcumin (might be the most important for me, immediately noticed a difference, guessing due to powerful anti inflammatory/anti oxidant effect)
- Vitamin D3
- B complex/b12
- GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil
- Green Tea (decaf/caf depending on how you react to caffeine)

OTHER KEYS
- Ice your neck!! Helped me a lot (Neck inflammation can really worsen your condition)
- Get plenty of physical/mental rest and don't push yourself
- Get a good night's sleep
- Eat as healthy as possible (I'm lucky I had my mom to cook for me)
- Avoid bumping your head (obviously)
- Ease back into activities slowly
- Avoid alcohol

Everyone is different, but this worked for me. Besides the supplements and keys that I followed, obviously time is the best healer. But, I believe these things increased the effectiveness of the healing greatly. Hope this helps! It gets better!
concussedGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (07-10-2014), MomWriterStudent (03-06-2014), poetrymom (03-06-2014), SarahSmile0205 (07-10-2014)