View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 05:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Hi - I cant give You any advise but i have gone through Decompression Surgery

Hi

I am 41 years old and have suffered from Hydrocephalus since 1980 and have had numerous brain operations and shunts and shunt revisions. In 2000 i was diagnosed with Arnold Chiari Malformation and had to have decompression surgery as well as the insertion of two more shunts. I was doing great for the next eight years whereby my old shunt of 1980 had to be replaced. Years passed by and there was further surgery that was required in 2013 whereby the old shunt of 1980 (of which was replaced in 2008) had to be repaired and a metronic shunt had to be inserted. This has been left alone and will only be switched on should the other shunt fail. I am doing much much better and dont suffer from any more headaches, drive again, am back at work again, married with a son. Life is great. I pray that you get all the ansears that You are looking for soon. I have had the same Neurosurgeon since 1980. What would i do without Him.

Look after Yourself.

Take care,

Samantha
sam2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mimiRN (03-06-2014)