View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 06:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Amino acids treatment venture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evon View Post
My spouse and I both have P.D. I have been taking Sinemet and Requip since dsx 2003. I have had a good response to meds but have suffered with dystonia. He was dsx 2006, started on Sinemet but after a couple of years started having side effects, dyskinesia, dry heaves. He decided to try the Dr. Hinz amino acid treatment. The first year seemed not too bad, mixing tyrosine and D5 powders as well as an assortment of supplements in cap form. Second year has been downhill, not getting much "on" time. Freezing has caused problems, not going out much so losing social contact, not enough energy to exercise so losing muscle tone. I feel it is time to make a change but not sure what he would be able to tolerate. Would it be advisable to mix the two treatment, maybe add an agonist to the amino acid treatment? Anyone out there who has tried changing treatments with suggestions would be appreciated. We are not sure what to do next but a change is in order before he loses any more ground.

Beginning of March 2013, I tried the Dr. Hinz amino acid treatment with bad results. I was told by the Doctor, (not Dr. Hinz ) who was administering this treatment to me that if I stopped the treatment, that I would "crash" with a very bad reaction to my system. I was reluctant to do this for a month, until I couldn't take it any more. So when I stopped taking the the Dr. Hinz's treatment I did have a bad reaction.... Be careful on what you add or change on this treatment, you should consult the Dr. that is administering this treatment first. Good luck ........,...

Diag. Mar 2008 YOPD, @ age 39
Drevy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote