View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 06:09 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Dear koala 77

Sorry to read of your Neices sapho I too have sapho. I'm 37 with a six month old baby I would very much like to hear from you about your Neices treatment, has she found anything to help? I'm in Perth Aus. Did she try the methotexate? Sapho is so rare to read of someone a similar age with it has made me feel less isolated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
My 35-ish year old niece is really suffering at the moment from the symptoms of SAPHO.

Her spine is curving. She has trouble walking ... her feet are too painful. Her hip and shoulder joints are causing agony, as are most of her other major joints.

She has seen seen a variety of doctors with a variety of treatments. The last medication she was on seems to have helped, but now she's reached a plateau, and her disease seems to be spiralling down.

Her Rheumatologist has suggested a course of Methotrexate... a chemo-type treatment currently used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Has anybody had Methotrexate for SAPHO?

or.....

Has anyone had Methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis?

Can anyone tell me what my niece might expect, because all the literature we've been able to access so far tells us this is a very nasty drug, with very nasty side effects.

I'd appreciate any input at all ... thank you.
Manxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote