View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi socasusie,

You are very welcome Glad to hear that the swelling is subsiding. Continue to do what you are doing.

I am so glad that you have done your research and have chosen to make the changes to become healthier. I know that can be a difficult and expensive journey.... but it is so worth it

You mentioned autoimmune diseases. Here is a book that is truly eye opening ..... by any chance have you read the "Autoimmune Epidemic" by Donna Jackson Nakasawa?
http://donnajacksonnakazawa.com/autoimmune-epidemic/

Glad that your oral surgeon is honest with you about root canals. ALL oral surgeons know the pitfalls of endodontic therapy. But many of them are reluctant to say too much to their patient for fear that it might ruffle the feathers of the referring dentists. Hopefully one day that will change!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by socasusie View Post
Thanks Bryanna-yep, I can't help but think they contribute. Although auto immune diseases run in my family, I can actually trace mine getting intolerable back to the 2–3 year period when I started getting all my root canals. So, while I don't think root canals caused my lupus, I do think it's what threw it over the edge.

Let's be honest, finding an oral surgeon who can support removing teeth with root canals is half the battle. And only 2 of those teeth are left on the bottom, the rest are on top, so really I'm making some actual progress.

Thanks for the info on the crowns-I actually did metal free for the last 2 implants. They are solid zirconium (which I know it technically metal, but not the same way) but since the opposing teeth are already crowned with porcelain crowns, I'm not as worried about it wearing them down. I just wasn't sure it was worth the extra money. I glad to know it was.

Finally, I've doing moist heat since your comment. The hard swelling when I touch my jaw has already fine down by like 30%. Woo hoo!

Thank you again for always making me feel better!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote