Thread: Zanax
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 10:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Good Morning :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewie View Post
I guess I should be greatful for my doctors stern warning. I have had the prescription for 3 months and only taken it 6 times and have cut the pills in half.

I also find it funny that my pharmacist told me to go ahead and use it everyday. My pharmacist is the smartest man in the world to me since its my dad. Makes me kinda wonder if he is starting to lose it.

Hey Lewie,

When my small fiber neuropathy kicked in last May, my PCP gave me vicodin and told me to go on a pain mgmt. schedule. I didn't listen to her but by the end of Sept I had put myself on a schedule due to the horrible pain. Realized she was correct, that if I waited until I was a 9 or 10 on the pain scale it was hard to get that # down to where I could deal with it. Of course I have other dr's but I use only her for my pain mgmt. and that is fine with my other dr's.

My schedule now is 1/2 a vicodin every 3 hours and 1/2 a .5 mg Xanax when needed. I can go weeks without using the Xanax and then some days here and there I have to take the 1/2 a vicodin every time I take the vicodin. I could probably take a whole tablet of each but don't like that 'high' feeling. Not at 51 anyway

I have no idea what the future holds but will adjust as needed.

Good luck and I'll be thinking about you.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (03-07-2014), Lewie (03-06-2014)