Thread: Zanax
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 12:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
Hey Lewie,

When my small fiber neuropathy kicked in last May, my PCP gave me vicodin and told me to go on a pain mgmt. schedule. I didn't listen to her but by the end of Sept I had put myself on a schedule due to the horrible pain. Realized she was correct, that if I waited until I was a 9 or 10 on the pain scale it was hard to get that # down to where I could deal with it. Of course I have other dr's but I use only her for my pain mgmt. and that is fine with my other dr's.

My schedule now is 1/2 a vicodin every 3 hours and 1/2 a .5 mg Xanax when needed. I can go weeks without using the Xanax and then some days here and there I have to take the 1/2 a vicodin every time I take the vicodin. I could probably take a whole tablet of each but don't like that 'high' feeling. Not at 51 anyway

I have no idea what the future holds but will adjust as needed.

Good luck and I'll be thinking about you.

Debi from Georgia
I am always humbled from reading how much pain others are in. I always think I have it bad til I read others experiences and really was naive about how much pain a person could be put through even though I felt like I had been through some pretty rough times.

I guess I will give Lyrica a try. However I was unaware that it is still a controlled substance and my work might not like me taking it.
hopeful (03-07-2014), PamelaJune (03-06-2014), St George 2013 (03-06-2014)