Thread: SFN moving up?
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I was just wondering if some autoimmune testing might be in order... IVIG might be worth looking into, if the tests have changed any. It would be awful if in the near future you look back and said ...shoulda, woulda, coulda.
I think I will raise that issue at my next visit. A long time has gone by since my last blood work and things might have changed. He is usually good about ordering blood tests- I have wanted a new MRI because of the sciatica issues but the insurance will not accept that unless my diagnosis changes... And we have a "Cadillac" policy.
I was wondering that myself- it seems that if this progresses enough you can develop autoimmune issues. I hate the idea of being hit with the "Fibro" label or adding anything else to my simple and dire CMT, degenerative spine, and arthritis.
The neurologist at Hopkins thought I was on IVIG and said to discontinue it. I took that as evidence that it wouldn't help. (And that he hadn't read my chart). But as you said, things change and maybe it is time to look for something else.
I appreciate your concern.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (03-07-2014), mrsD (03-06-2014), St George 2013 (03-06-2014)