View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 07:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No, but I'll check it out. The fact that auto immune diseases are off the charts is indicative of an issue. Not only that, but they are getting more and more severe and destroying lives when they don't outright kill someone.

Well, don't forget my oral surgeon is in Mexico, and he owns the practice. The restoring dentist is his employee, and he also bought the lab and employs them (they do lab work for other dentists too). He's the one who decided they would redo the crown for free. Cost wise, it's not so horrific-he generally tries to throw things in, like bone grafts for me free of charge-but I pay in time instead. Culturally, am appt means nothing. I waited 4 hours for my surgery Monday, but he does a good job,so it's the trade off.

I think it's ironic I had to leave the country to find a dentist/surgeon that admitted that root canals are not the way to go. When he was talking about why the extraction was so horrible, and it was, and basically just said that root canals are a nightmare, on many levels. Funny, his practice does root canals-they employee an endodontist part time- so I think he still fears patients freaking at the "root canal is bad" conversation, and patients aren't open to hearing extraction is the better option. He cares about health-for example he said I don't need a deep cleaning because I don't have deep enough pockets, the bleeding was because of the lupus or the meds, not disease.

For me, it was a weight off when a dentist said root canals are on "borrowed time" because it started clicking-all my root canal teeth were falling apart, and they all kept getting abscesses. Why would "healed" teeth have such horrific infections? If the infection was cleaned out, why would the tooth have such a bad infection that it elevated the tooth to hit before any other tooth? That's a lot of inflammation!

Curious though, do you think some people can luck out and have a single root canal not destroy their health? Or do you tend to think its a ticking bomb, that at some point will go off? I sort of have a theory that root canals didn't do as much damage 50-75 years ago when we weren't surrounded by chemicals at every turn-meaning it was the only stressor on their body so it wasn't so traumatic. Now, our bodies are surrounded by physical and emotional stressors, so cumulatively we don't stand much of a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi socasusie,

You are very welcome Glad to hear that the swelling is subsiding. Continue to do what you are doing.

I am so glad that you have done your research and have chosen to make the changes to become healthier. I know that can be a difficult and expensive journey.... but it is so worth it

You mentioned autoimmune diseases. Here is a book that is truly eye opening ..... by any chance have you read the "Autoimmune Epidemic" by Donna Jackson Nakasawa?
http://donnajacksonnakazawa.com/autoimmune-epidemic/

Glad that your oral surgeon is honest with you about root canals. ALL oral surgeons know the pitfalls of endodontic therapy. But many of them are reluctant to say too much to their patient for fear that it might ruffle the feathers of the referring dentists. Hopefully one day that will change!

Bryanna
socasusie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote