View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 10:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink MallinCkrodt vs 'Watson'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Hello!
I've been using Fentanyl patches for 3 yrs (manufactered by Watson).
They've been very helpful.

Today I picked up my monthly refill and the pharmacy has switched manufacturers. These are made by Mallinckrodt.

I haven't opened them up yet, as it's not quite time to change my patch, but my immediate concern is that these patches are significantly smaller than those made by Watson. These are the matrix kind, which is administered via the adhesive. I've never used the matrix kind, only the gel ones. After what I've been reading online, I'm getting very concerned that these patches are for the birds and that I'm going to be in bed with pain and w/d symtoms. For one thing, I'm not finding very much info whatsoever and the few reviews that I do find are all negative.

Has anybody used both of these brands and if so, is there a significant difference in them?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Rae
Rocker Dan here:Back in 2007-2009 i was on the Patches and had the matrix one time and then had to go to a store that only had the Watsons(Gel)Store i wont say(but they are "On the corner of????)So after the gel Watsons i went through a divorce and landed in a different state and have been on Oxycontin,MS Contin and well everything but the patches!Last night i finaly had enough of not getting what i know works and just called my PM Doctor who said to come in as i was seeing his P.A. and that person was refusing Fentanyl as they did not like it(they never had to take it thank G-d!)So i went to my Ma and Pa Great store and low and behold they had Mallinckodt Matrix!!!!!i was very Happy.And i also bought the Tegraderm covering patches by 3m>Something EVERYONE on patch should do as they "breathe"as well as cover any size fentanyl patch! I think you should try the matrix as the brand is made of matrix from the start and its so much better(for me0as they stay on well,are not so visible and with the Tegraderm,well your arm will come of first.I wont worry about removing till hour 71.Good luck and i really do know of what i speak having been on the patches for two years and now again and a couple of people told me they are doing away with the gel since****** abuse them!If you are really a pain patient,you do not abuse anything and should not.Peace, Rocker Dan
Rocker Dan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-27-2015), Rrae (03-29-2014)