Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 05:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunWriteMomHeal View Post
Sorry to hear you're still dealing with symptoms. But I think if you have a hunch about your health, maybe it's worth pursuing. I always find that personally, if I have a feeling something isn't quite right, I'm usually correct about it.

I had a bad whiplash injury with my accident (and three herniated or bulging discs depending on whose looking at the MRI, I prefer to consider them only bulging since it makes me feel better) and I just went to the University of Buffalo concussion clinic. They put me through a ton of tests, things no other docs have done, like having me point laser lights at bulls eyes with my head, all sorts of stuff and they concluded my neck is contributing to my symptoms along with a lingering visual problem from the concussion.

I'm less sure how neck would relate to memory, but maybe if your brain is over-taxed from processing issues (necks have proprioceptors and help tell us where we are in space) or vestibular dysfunction it could cause an overwhelm which would negatively affect your memory. Or maybe that foggy/stressed feeling would then contribute.

Did you hurt your neck when you got your concussion? Have you been to PT?
Also, a physical therapist or someone else could press your occipital spot and see if it triggers the same headaches...that could be a clue.
RunWriteMomHeal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote