View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 09:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool

Hi Eva,
I think an accent on my name is the least of our worries hun, don't worry about it!

Any reduction I do will most definitely be done with my Dr's supervision, you're right too that it's still early days in post-surgery. I would ideally would like my Dr to swap one drug for another but I'm gonna take my time and see. I'm always in a rush for something or other and it's silly really.

To renew your drivers licence you have to take another test? What country are you in, that sounds unusual to me but probably a good idea!

Mark and I have been in touch privately since I could no longer concentrate and read the board probably. God love him, he's been through so much and remains so positive when that is the hardest thing of all. He's a good man and his wife, a wonderful carer for him.

Think you for the chat and advice, I appreciate it all, take care hun and stay strong

Wow Sinead (sorry about leaving out the dash), you really have had some serious big time surgery.
If you are going to try to reduce or come off the Oxycontin; best you do it under the care of your doctor. You do need to ween off gradually lowering the dosage. I, myself, am on 60 mg's Oxycontin every 6 hrs. (4 x's a day) plus Percocet for breakthru pain. I so wanted to lower my meds. Did try some time back to take a lesser dose of Oxy; but didn't last very long; I found it too painful to be without the current dose and gave up. My pain issues are pretty bad and just wasn't able to handle a lesser dose.

I haven't driven a car for quite a few years. I still have my driver's liscense; but in 2015 it is due for renewal. If I have to take a driving test; I would never pass. Even tho I am not driving, I still like to have my license.

Mark really went thru some difficult times the first time he got off his meds. As he mentioned, the first time was under doctor's care . He could probably lead you to the postings of his account of his withdrawal.

Seems like you are coming along pretty well being able to walk over a mile every day. That's great.

Gerry
---End Quote---
that's awesome
from someone who walked 4 miles a day
this i still maintained after i had my forth
baby at 38
at the time I needed to wait
till she was a year
and again when she started school
had walking partner
miss it
so awesome
hope the decrease works
i have trouble with #2
that is total pits
live life
as best you can
Sophie_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-10-2014), Hana (03-09-2014), Rrae (03-08-2014)