View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 11:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Please end some hope

Hello All,

Please be patient - I'm little nervous, kinda scared.

I have had advancing PN for 4 years now. (I am 56yrs). Started with small tingling in feet, advanced to feeling like I'm wearing socks, to where I am now, which is lots of tingle in feet and burn on bottom. One of my many Docs believes it comes from my back, as when I do work that involves bending, crouching down, or what is causing my most resent flareup, running a grinder for two days in my garage which vibrated my whole body, I get bad Tingle/burning. He put me on Neurontin 300mg a day.

One important thing to add - for over 25yrs I was grossly overweight, over 400 pds. When I was 44yrs I went on lowCarb diet and lost 180 pds in 16 months. I started running/working out - life was good. But then the PN started about 4 years ago. My blood sugar has always been normal, even when overweight. My A1c's have been 4.9 -5.2 since I lost the weight.

I am wondering if the years of being so overweight have taken their toll on my bones/muscles/nerves, and now I am paying the price for being so overweight. My Family Doc tells me I have already done the best I can do to help myself, which is lose the weight and keep it off. But along with everything else, I suffer from acute Panic attacks/anxiety, for which I am on medication.

I guess what I would like to know is -- What I really need to hear from folks is -- do most of you lead a "normal " life with this?? I mean, as much as possible, are you able to go on vacations, and work, or have a life? Sometimes the fear washes over me like waves crashing a boat, and I feel like my life has surrendered itself.

Please tell me that, even though a challenge, life can still be lived with this.

I am sorry for such a confusing posting. I am not at my best right now.

God bless you all.

Thanks.
keweenaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote