Thread: I give up
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 04:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Moonstar

I hope you are doing better today. You mentioned 14 years, is that how long you have had crps, or some other health issue? I am in my 14th year also. It seems the longer you have it, the harder it is (or maybe the less strength we have?) to recover from the latest horrible pain attack. Or maybe we are just running out of spoons, as you said. (THAT was one of the best stories I have ever read. I shared it with Michael, and he agreed.)

I go through the same thoughts you do, I have vented them in here, too, lol. It is so wonderful to have this safe haven to run to when we are at our lowest. What's even better, imo, is coming here and seeing that someone else needs YOU. Normally, it's hard to feel like a useful, contributing member of the family. But in here, there are others suffering just as bad as we are, if not worse. They, too, feel like giving up sometimes.

So we sit in here and type, explaining to our crps pals why they should keep on keepin on, lol. And as we do, we realize the same things apply in our own lives. Yes, we might want to give up... but how do our families feel about it? Our friends? Don't they deserve, for all their love, help and kindnessess in our times of need, for us to try and hang on just a little bit longer?

Every time I reach rock bottom, I end up thinking of my son Drew. He's been married a year now, and I sense grandbabies on the horizon! I was a great Mom, lol... and I'll be an even better Grandma Drew and Kati need me here, to help them and answer their parenting questions.

Moonstar, there are too many people here on earth that aren't done learning from you yet.

Here are a few softies I hope you find peace and wellbeing within.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote