View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 04:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Block questions

Hi,
I had a series of 3 blocks with no benefit but they did on me what are called "Biers Blocks" - a cuff like that for measuring BP around my upper leg & injecting Lidocaine (aka lignocaine), Guanethidine & saline into the foot of the extremity. Technique was poor - veins collapsed etc & they had no hot water to warm the limb etc. & just kept stabbing me in the foot until I could stand it no more.

I think I was worse after them in all respects & that has been the case with every treatment thus far.
I AM SO GLAD YOU HAVE SOME RELIEF. THAT IS FANTASTIC.

I researched lots & I think it improves if you get a response. The longevity of the relief varies with the individual as does the increase with each block (no matter what kind of block). that initial gain you got appears to be critical. If you respond at all there is a chance that will improve (from my reading) but it is related to how long you have had RSD.

I would love to read a posting from you in the future that it has gone into remission......or your quality of life has improved heaps ----this would make my year.
The blocks may stop the spasms especially if you do go into remission.

I can't offer anything re the bone pain issue except it is in some medical circles a function of the RSD - you might have had it there all along but the other referred pain of the more apparent (severe) signs & symptoms of the RSD may have been masking them. You now know you have it possibly because you have some pain reduction of the other symptom array.

Best wishes & I wish I could offer more.
I am REALLY happy for you.
Cheers Auberon.
Auberon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote