View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 01:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Annie4

I can relate to so many of your symptoms and my neurologist is doing everything in her power to determine a diagnosis after 9 years.

I had a lumber puncture done just last week and oligoclonal bands were detected in my spinal fluid, which is a substance in multiple sclerosis patients, but my neurologist is convinced I don't fit the profile for MS although I have so many symptoms related to it. We are however a step closer to a diagnosis after the LP was performed. I fully suggest you have a LP done. It can provide so many unanswered questions.

Same at you, I also have a lesion which was detected through an MRI, which is located on the left side of my brain and all these other symptoms related to weakened, burning muscles and nerve losses, even in my right eye.

I did however November 2004 had a supposedly Thalamic Stroke. I woke up one morning with my entire right side paralysed.

The anxiety I can relate to also and my neurologist now for the first time prescribed me Zanor and increased my Effexor (which was initially given together with Epleptin (Gabapentin) for the muscle burning and weakness). You can also request from your neurologist something for the anxiety as it can be caused by the decease you are suffering from.

Please hang in there and I keep thumbs up that you'll get a diagnosis soon with proper treatment. Please keep us updated also and thank you for sharing.

Yolandi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote