View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 12:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
Hello fellow thalamic stroke sufferer. I had mine in 2007 and it affected my right side. My BP was sky high on ER admission and I went on lisinopril (synthetic snake venom), amlodipine and atenolol to contol the high BP. The side effects from the BP meds ruined my health and I am trying to recover

You didn't mention your symptoms at the root of all the neurological tests. Poor memory, balance issues, neuropathic pain, clumsiness??? The possibilities are almost endless. I would guess muscle stiffness and numbness.

My only caveat re your upcoming angiogram are the contrasting agents used. If you have chemical sensitivities be very cautious.

By the way most neurologists just have no clue re thalamic strokes.
Hello LostCause,

Yip, I have all those symptoms you mention above and I can add tremors and emotional difficulty with flare-ups from time to time, every about 2 years, on which I only respond positive to high dosages of Solu-Medrol IV of 1,000mg per day for at least 3 days.

For the angiogram and contrasting agents, my kidney function were already tested fortunately. Thank you for the heads up. I really appreciate it
Yolandi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote