View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 12:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Hello Yolandi,

Do you know what your Neurologist meant when he said you do not fit the profile for Multiple Sclerosis (MS)?

Oligoclonal bands (o-bands) ---

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003631.htm

When I was diagnosed with MS I had 5 o-bands, a clear MRI, could not pass a Neurological exam and was having a severe exacerbation (relapse, attack, flare-up). There was and is a criteria for diagnosing MS (McDonald Criteria) but I did not fit the criteria at the time (Poser Criteria) of diagnosis. I did go on to meet criteria one year later with a second exacerbation.

You might want to post over on the Multiple Sclerosis Forum and as questions there
Thank you Snoopy,

I truely appreciate your input on this.

Have you developed any lesions over time? I still have only this one single lesion that was detected for the first time October 2010 from an MRI. I don't really know what my neurologist meant when she said I don't fit the profile. Does that mean the possibility of MS is there for me and that the Vasculitis can be ruled out?

With my last flare-up I was also administered only 1,250mg of Solu-Medrol, instead of 3,000mg I received December 2012 and the tremors and burning muscle sensations are still there.

What I haven't mentioned above, is the EMC detected nerve damage in my right leg from the knee downwards also.

Does this sound at all familiar to you?

Yolandi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote