Thread: O/T Groceries
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 07:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It would be at least $80 - $90 per person were i am in OZ, and thats being carefull, bulk buying when prices are discounted, helps, as i live on the bay a local fishermam sells pretty cheap fish, so thats not to bad at all.
Safeway and Coles are the big players down here in groceries game and in the last 4 months i would say for certain we are spending at least 40% more for the same amount.
The fruit we get from these two major players are mostly imported and frozen, bananas last about 2 to 3 days if you lucky before going brown, the fruit isn't tasty at all, i can't remember when i enjoyed the last piece of fruit i have had, its a joke, that our farmers have to bulldoze their crops back into the ground because one of the grocery giants will only offer a pittance for their crop, so in come the import fruits, i blame our goverment for this, they should raise the import tax up high enough that imported crap isn't an option anymore and give our own farmers a go.

Aussie - why don't you make Saturday and Sunday self service days, i know someone that does this and it works fine she said, a few BBQ's thrown in during the week might help, as the man normally cooks them, and definatly one washes the dishes and the other dries, [if that will work ]
good luck
Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote