View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 04:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, I've considered taking 2 every other day but I thought I would wait and make sure I have flushed all of the excess out before I start.

I am taking NatureMade 1200mg brand of fish oil. When it's gone, then I am switching over to Nature's Bounty 1000mg brand.

I didn't think that 1/4 of a benadryl occasionally would cause my gums to bleed either. In fact, it surprises me that it is enough to dry me up just a little. I would be a walking zombie if I took the recommended dosage. I have tried it and that is what it does to me. If I can't split a pill, I have to take the children's pills, etc.

The pocked is in the tooth that is holding the bridge. It isn't in one of the canine teeth. No, he has never mentioned a tissue graph before nor have they mentioned anything about a pocket before. I wondered why it wasn't showing signs of at least beginning 6 months ago but it wasn't mentioned then.

I don't have a picture to share but I appreciate your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Smitty,

Okay so you see your dentist/hygienist regularly... that's great!

In general, unless a product specifies otherwise, it is best to take your supplements during the meal... not before or after. Think of supplements as a portion of the food on your plate rather than an addition to what you have just eaten. There are some exceptions to this but fish oil is not one of them. Also for ideal absorption, fish oils should be taken with a meal that has healthy "fat" in it...... like coconut or olive oil.

You know your own body better than anyone else and if lowering the dosage is still nutritionally effective for you then that is what you should do. If you are concerned about not getting enough from the lower dosage then you could try increasing your dosage every other day and see what happens with that. Have you considered trying that?

May I ask you which fish oil product you are taking?

I too am very sensitive to medications.... both OTC and prescriptions. Fortunately I have not had a prescription drug for many years as I lean towards nutrition, various supplements and homeopathy for whatever ails me. But I do take liquid Benadryl (dye, alcohol and sugar free) if I need to quickly lower my histamine response. The liquid form gets into the system quick and it allows me to start out with a very small dose and then increase if necessary. I could never tolerate benadryl as it is prescribed for adult use... I would be unconscious!! I don't think the amount you are taking would cause your gums to bleed.

So your canine teeth were protruding on both sides when you were a child. This one tooth probably had very little bone covering the buccal (cheek side) portion of the root. That could result in significant gum recession over time. Has your dentist ever suggested to do a tissue graft over that area? Sometimes this takes and sometimes it's doesn't depends on the case. Any chance you could post a picture of that tooth?

Is the pocket in the front of the tooth at the recession, or on the sides... or in the back near the palate? I am surprised that your dentist and hygienist are just discovering this pocket now as these things do not develop over night.

It's good that the rest of your mouth is healthy but it might behoove you to consult with a periodontist and see what his recommendations are before the recession progresses any further.

Bryanna
Smitty500 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote