View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 12:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBDE View Post
I have RSD in my right foot (I also had the fibular sesamoid bone removed, that was before we knew about the RSD). Long story short--I have progressed from shoes I sewed together myself to some priceless Reeboks with hardly any seams on the uppers. I can't wear crocks or the like, have to have a structured sole. I have tried torturing myself and wearing socks with and without shoes. I always just end up in agony at the end of the day, even after the socks come off. My RSD has gotten a lot better in a lot of ways except for this socks thing is still a disaster.

Now I'm hoping someone tells me about this magical way they learned to wear socks. Or some magical socks.

It's getting hot. My feet are sweating and I think I already have athlete's foot. How do I learn to wear socks???
Hi TBDE!

Welcome! How long have you had RSD in your foot? Is this the initial site? You can wear shoes but not socks? Is that because socks are just too binding? I worked for a LONG time at desensitization and I still work at it with my right foot desensitizing it. When I woke from surgery my ankle felt shattered and my foot could not tolerate a sheet on it, or the water from a shower to hit it. The only shoe I wear is a croc. That's too bad that they won't work for you. Too much support for me in the arch of my foot only leads to severe cramping and spasms.

Tips & Tricks: Well... touch it... often. I would do this in the bath. I would bathe often. Water also helps desensitize it. I would take lotion and rub it on. I would force myself not to guard it and just do it. eventually I would rub different textures on it. To this day I make myself touch it. Especially if it is heightened.

My foot stays SO COLD that I welcome socks. I wear them in summer and look nuts doing this!

Gosh, not sure if I helped, but there it is, and I wear crocs and socks lol And I can even tolerate a shower now. It takes a good deal of time and I think it will always be very sensitive.

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. Japanese proverb,
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote