View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 08:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

In a really bad flare now but wanted to offer up my experience...going to keep it shorter than usual since my hands are really swollen and burning...

Have RSD in my left leg, both arms, both hands, whole trunk, and neck.

Started out with really soft fabric. Rubbed it on my RSD areas. First just a very short amount of time (kept track in a journal) and then gradually increased the amount of time. Then I tried different fabric and started at the beginning with just a short amount of time and gradually increased. Then started with normal clothes...wearing for just a short amount of time at first and gradually increasing until I could go a whole day.

Never have been able to wear my old shoes...my ankle is just far too sensitive to touch still for something that firm/hard. Buying new shoes requires lots of testing and trying on, different lacing techniques, and so far I have only found one kind of gym shoes that work...and only if I don't lace them up all the way on my RSD side. Mostly wear flats now because I need the good sole and protection around my foot...but still really struggle with anything touching my ankle other than a sock or clothing. Some days...even the sock is too much even after all the desensitization therapy...but that's only on days like today with bad flares...
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote