View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

We bought the Jarrows powder. The capsules had 800mg in them if I recall correctly so we decided the powder might be easier to take. I haven't taken any yet but daughter took 1.2grams yesterday all up. 600mg before lunch time and another 600mg before bed. I must say that even the first dose seemed to have some effect which is possibly just wishful thinking but we'll see.

We looked into the Chiro a long time back because of daughter's PCOS but she's pretty well stablized this past year and she's no longer needing to take any Metformin (thankfully!). She is however, an "atypical" case.

She was taking a prescribed beta blocker for her anxiety. That was prescribed at the same time as the Metformin. It actually really helped her a lot but it only worked if she took it constantly and she was having some very nasty side-effects including visual hallucinations. I talked about that one time here way back. After much research she came to the conclusion that the Inositol was worth a try, especially since she's been off her beta blocker for a long time now.

We've read about the really high doses for OC and Anxiety issues, but I don't want her taking something in high doses that may affect her in some other way e.g. deplete iron or zinc or something else. She obviously doesn't want that either. I also don't want us to be taking something we would create dependence issues. We have read such hopeful information about this Inositol and anxiety but true... they were quite hight doses that people were taking.

Weird you mentioned the GABA one. It's still early here so I can't go ask her but I swear she's already taking some form of GABA. I'll check on the PharmaGABA one though.

Thankyou for all that great help. It's very much appreciated as always.

I'll start it today myself. Will report back.

I remembered you telling me that your husband took the inositol.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-10-2014), Theta Z (05-03-2014)