Old 03-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Looking for an expert in NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustineJ View Post
YES! there is the best and only doctor who treats this surgically in california. his name is dr. wouter schievink at cedars sinai in los angeles california. anyone who has a leak goes to him, he is number 1 no doubt. give him a call at his office (you may have to try a couple times) and you can also send him an email. I am from the new york area and i had a leak from an epidural then had 3 blood patches. one of the blood patches created another hole( although i did not know it at the time). I had surgery with dr. schievink even though no scans showed my leak and he found both leaks and fixed them! I am now 9 months post op and have my life back! if you have any other questions just let me know
Hi Justine, I'm writing you because you mentioned that you are also in NY area. Isn't there any expert who can treat cerebrospinal fluid leaks, and performs blood patch in NYC? I know blood patch has a risk of making another leaks like you had, but I'm thinking to try my second blood patch. It's not the best option to fly to LA for me, so I would like to find Dr in NYC. Any information from your experience (like, which hospital is ok/better, or which hospital I shouldn't go) would be appreciated. Also if you don't mind, could you give me a details of the surgery with Dr Schievink? I'm curious, but afraid of aggressive treatment. Thank you very much.
moco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote