Thread: O/T Groceries
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 09:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you

I am very happy to see that I am not the only one with "food troubles". It just doesn't stop. What to eat? What to make? Stop off at the store after work? Gees, I've given myself a headache!!

If we lived around ethnic food like NY, my husband would go nuts! The most ethnic around my neighborhood is chinese food or a doner kebob! LOL!!

I don't mind paying money for the groceries, but like Brian said $100 dollars over here is just for one person. I spend $160-170 a week and run out by Wednesday. Our fruit does suck,and it's tasteless. All I eat are bruised apples and bannanas that go off in 2 days. No wonder the fruit flies are attacking me! You can't even find apples that aren't all beat up anymore. It's shocking!

My husband doesn't get home till late,if I had to wait for him to cook, we'd starve. I guess I am a bit frustrated at not being able to whip up fast healthy meals. I am a bit tired of having the entire responsibility of cooking,and I am a little angry at myself for wasting my money on greasy chinese food. I am also disappointed in our gov't for not giving us choice and we are at the mercy of 2 huge supermarket chains with overpriced food, and inferior quality products.

Mel, I will PM for muffin recepie, thank you.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote