View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 12:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry, I should have been clearer - the first link to the 2014 article took me to a members only login page so I wasn't able to look at that itself. I will try the further links you sent and see if I can see it now. I was only commenting on the other article quoted from 2008 which was given as a supporting reference in the 2014 article.

They may have cached the site since the project has technically ceased. For anyone less familiar than Vrae with TREND, Search for research by Professor J.J. Van Hilten or Jacobus Van Hilten as he is an author on all of the TREND research papers. You may be able to access some of the papers from the UNiversity of Leiden website since he works there as an academic and clinician.

I think Kev has quite a strong view on the skills or otherwise of the researcher at the Walton Centre in Liverpool who is referred to in the IVIG trials papers. The larger trial that researcher was involved in which is referred to in the 2014 paper (which included only 11 CRPS patients) isn't clear about recruitment criteria, methodology, exclusions etc so it is very difficult to assess the quality, reliability and consistency of his research and conclusions. His previous trial had only 12/13 CRPS patients but he clearly acknowledged the various trial limitations.

The NHS in the UK is going to run a large, multi centre clinical trial looking at IVIG in CRPS -it may already be recruiting but I've not looked for a while. There seems to be a 'current view' that it may have a role in treating acute CRPS but perhaps is of limited or insufficient value in chronic cases of CRPS where patients have had it for more than a matter of months. It will be interesting to see the eventual outcome. I think but can't remember for sure that large NHS trial is recruiting people with acute, relatively recent onset CRPS and chronic patients are excluded. I'm pretty sure when I looked I wasn't eligible due to my disease duration.

Last edited by Neurochic; 03-11-2014 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Added info
Neurochic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (08-17-2014), Hana (03-11-2014), Vrae (03-11-2014)