Thread: when is it RSD
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 09:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Shiney Sue: For pain the only thing I've been taking is oxycodone at night--15 - 20 mg. During the day I just keep adjusting my position to be as comfortable as I can, and wear the corset/brace thingey. Last night I tried 100mg of my friend's Tramodol, which he had for rotator cuff problems. It didn't touch the pain, but then I gave myself a hard massage of the long muscles of my back, and I felt better than I had in days. Also, I realized I'm a bit constipated (a bit?) and whenever that happens it feels like my intestines are pulling on my back and bladder making the pain worse. So I'm going to fix that problem today. The issue with the oxycodone is that it is just so constipating. When I take anything to combat it, I find I go the other direction.

Aussie: I had no idea that anyone here had any movement issues. This is the first they've come up. My startle on the oxycontin (this is a long acting oxycodone) was so extreme I jackknifed with a door closing or alarm ringing. Giving that I'd just had spinal surgery, it was the most painful post-op experience. What are you on that it causing your movementi ssues?

General question: How many of us have movement issues: twitches and dystonias and myoclonus type movements? What meds are we on?

Finally, after feeling so much better with my self-massage (rolling on a ball or rolling pin) and knowing I'm constipated makes me more optimistic that maybe this is NOT RSD.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote