View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 09:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I got worse last night. Maybe because I forgot to take my magnesium full quota. Maybe because I have been cheating on Swank. Or maybe because I am just older.
My left leg just wouldn't come out of spasm or twisting over and over. I was doing small pants a lot, for air. I finally got up and took a magnesium capsule at 3:30, when I really figured that part out.
Today I am giving up egg yolks at least for a while, and also the lasagna I've been fancying. Back on Swank, hope it helps.
The other concern is that I live at 6500 feet, not exactly recommended for people with Polycythemia Vera, although I've not had breathing trouble before except when I tried to chemo to cut down my platelets and red cells, which proliferate. (I took p32 twice, radiation, at Mayo, instead, I've been hoping I don't have to do it again--platelets are not up to the 800,000 level yet).
I have several diseases so it's hard to tell what's doing what but I've always got into trouble if I got too far off the Swank diet, and I have been careless lately, with all that good organic cheesy stuff at the Co-op deli! Back to bread and water.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (03-11-2014), SallyC (03-11-2014)