Thread: ssdi review
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 09:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCmpassion View Post
What is a Trial Work Period? How does that differ from just working?

As for seeing the same doctor? I have not seen a doctor in 10 years. I manage OK on my own. Got a great wife now. They help with my day-to-day life. Working? Impossible. Not even part time.

Not taking meds, nor seeing a doctor will not effect me, will it?
Go to www.socialsecurity.gov and search for work incentives, the Red Book or the trial work period. Plenty of information there. But if you are not working and don't intend to return to work, the trial work period does not apply to you.

Not taking meds nor seeing a doctor means that there are no medical treating sources that can confirm that there is even anything wrong with you and if SSA does a review, you run a really really good chance of being ceased.

If you manage OK on your own, how is it impossible for you to work and other than your own statements or your wife's statements, where is the proof? Your opinion will never, ever be sufficient for Social Security. Never. So if SSA asks for proof that you are still disabled, you will not be able to provide anything from a medical treating source and that is required. SSA would then send you for a one time snapshot appointment with a strange doctor to see if you have any diagnosable conditions and figure out in that one exam just how bad it is. Or isn't.

If you are married and living with your wife and are on SSI in addition to SSDI, her income needs to be reported to SSI. Or you may end up owing money back. You should go in person to your local office to sort this stuff out.

Not getting medical treatment is a really bad, really foolish idea for a person who says they are too medically disabled to hold a job. Bad choice. But yours to make. And you did ask for opinions.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canifindagooddr (12-09-2015)