View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 12:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Vrae, tos8 and Hana, I'm so glad you said that! I was dreading mentioning the trial in case someone immediately dissed it and scared me rigid!

I do think we have to keep trying....within reason of course, always. There's always risk, but there's risk to getting in a car too, and we can't control that.

I'm glad you're trying a block Vrae, I hope you get some kind of relief from it, preferably long-lasting hey but even a holiday from this might be nice.

Hana, I completely understand what you're saying - I'm a coeliac, my stomach and system are very sensitive to meds, I have arthritis, I had glandular fever as a young adult... It's one of the reasons I asked to get on the trial - I'm convinced that the auto-immune system has a big part to play in CRPS. Not necessarily the way we develop it, but the way our bodies decide to continue the cycle of pain and set up that horrible feedback loop of misery. After all, some folk find their symptoms go within a few months - that magic timeframe for treatment - what if that's more to do with how their auto-immune system actually works properly?!

Who knows...but we keep fighting this thing, and I think in the end that gets us further along the road of keeping as much of ourselves as possible out of its jaws

Never give up hope. One day...just maybe...

Bram

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hana (03-11-2014)