View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I am sorry I must have confused you with another newbie.

But with that long history of using statins... well, they are difficult on the nerve cells. They damage cells.

On this link are other links to the new photos of what statins do to cells and also a new YouTube about why and how statins are
toxic to cells.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...hlight=statins

It is unclear if you can undo what has happened so far.
Did you take or are you taking CoQ-10 to replace what the statins are lowering in your body? If you never did, now may be too late, but I'd try anyway. Qunol is a new form of CoQ-10 that has been solubilized to improve absorption. 100mg a day of this is about equivalent to 300mg of the older in oil types.

Some of our posters here who have been damaged by statins have improved some and others have not. Zocor appears to be the worst, with Lipitor closely following. (these are lipophilic meaning they go thru fatty tissue --like nerve cells--more easily than some others).

Magnesium seems to help many on our PN board. There is a lotion called Morton Epsom Lotion which works wonders. Not available everywhere yet, but at WalMart and online at Amazon.
Use just a little each day on a problematic area, and some will actually get into your blood stream for elsewhere use. Places with poor circulation respond the best. Oral should be a chelate and about 1/2 the RDA -- avoid oxide as it is a laxative and not absorbed appreciably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra lynn View Post
Aloha Mrs D, thanks for your info. I am not a diabetic that i know of yet. My parents both diabetes though. I stopped my statin ( crestor) in july. I had been taking 10 mg of liipitor for at least 10 years and switched to crestor 5 mg over a year ago.
I will see my neurologist for the 1st time since diagnosis of SNF this weed and want to know of any good questions for labs i should request be done to fine out whats causing the SNF. I do want a repeat of the CRP and poss repeat the ANA. any advise would be great. I know that I am waiting for auth from insurance for more Therapath Diagnostic tests for SFN. Mahalo for your info and help! debbie

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (03-12-2014), Sallysblooms (03-11-2014)