View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My wall is still up. But my door is gone. That wall that is the original one I want to move probably gets knocked down tomorrow. My linen cabinet barely survived. He missed a screw and almost tore the very extremely expensive cabinet into pieces. (the screw that he missed popped off in the back.)

The linen cabinet is going to actually be in my bedroom next to my desk now. (he's going to match up the crown molding from the desk to the cabinet, and connect the two. Guess my desk gets bigger) The cabinet used to be right outside my bedroom door between my bedroom and the bathroom. The little bit of wall that it was attached to is now going to be cut off, to give me a lot more space to get into the bathroom with the walker, without making me have to make the little turn past the cabinet. So, straight shot into the bathroom. I guess I'm going to loose the spot that I was going to hang a mirror, or some pictures on that wall. But, hey! I get more room to get into the bathroom. I'll live with it.

The door in the bathroom is not going to get widened, but I found hinges that are made for doors, to help handicap people get a little extra space to get into a room. It's like an extra hinge, that allows the door to open just a bit farther. You end up with something like two extra inches of space to push a walker or wheelchair into a room. So, that kind of solves the cutting off the two inches that I wanted to on the door jamb on the other side of that doorframe.

I had him save my deadbolt lock for my bedroom door. (I have snoopy nieces) So, when he makes the new door, his door guy will make a door that's actually made for a deadbolt lock. The other door is just like a cardboardish type material (it was a nice 6 panel door) that wouldn't have held up to someone kicking in the door if someone really wanted into the room. (explains why my dog used to be able to pop the door open in the days before I put the deadbolt in)

My bedroom is actually about to get freaking huge. This isn't just moving a wall now, this is like an enlargement of my room because we're relocating that linen cabinet. (good thing the linen cabinet was an almost match to the desk. Desk cabinet doors are slightly different. Paint is the same. I think)

He discovered a leak in the shower he built three years ago for my parents in their bathroom. It's right next to the guest bathroom upstairs. Shares a wall. When he opened up the wall in the guest bath, he found a wet spot on the floor in between the two showers. There's no mold. He thinks it's a really slow leak, and might be where some water got thru the grout, or it's coming thru where the grab bar on that wall is. His tile guy is going to check it tomorrow.

I feel kind of icky today. I got what...three or four hours of sleep this morning, maybe. I didn't get much sleep the night before. I'm going to take a shower in a little bit, watch some tv. Play with a computer or an iPad, and then attempt to sleep.

Maybe the construction project is a good thing. This might force me to get on a decent sleep schedule. Might actually end up helping.

oh, also in health news. I'm still taking the b12. My hands are feeling pretty good today. They were already feeling better before the steroids, so I don't know if the b12 did that, or if both the b12 and the oral pred are working together on the hands.

my legs are killing me tho. Feet are swollen. I can barely walk thru the rooms because my legs are so tired. (bags of wet sand hanging off my legs). I think I pulled a muscle last night adding in a leg stretch exercise that I did in PT that I sort of had forgotten about. I did it too long. It's one you have to do laying down. I did the stretch while reading my iPad last night, and forgot to unstretch after a few minutes. Over did it a bit, but that muscle is so tight, that I figure if I go careful on that stretch from now on, it probably actually helped.

Maybe all the moving around that I have to do just while watching them deconstruct things and getting ready to reconstruct things will end up helping too. I need exercise. I'm so deconditioned it's not funny.

I have to go find my towels so that I can take a shower. He moved all my towels into another room when he took my linen cabinet off the wall. I need to wash my hair so I can go to bed early. (this ended up being a long post. Hope you all didn't get bored and wander off not too far into it)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mariel (03-13-2014), SallyC (03-11-2014)