View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 10:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoun1e View Post
Lot of people talking about a "pec minor release." This is a surgical procedure.

Another avenue to explore (which I did): Deep tissue pec minor massage.

Get a raquetball or a softball and put the ball between the wall and your body and do cross friction on your pec minor muscle. Do this in 3-4 locations along the path of pec minor. I usually did 30 strokes. Repeat several times per day.

There are several examples of this on youtube.

Once you release the pec minor in this way, allowing the shoulder to move back, you could then work on strengthening the rhomboids to get that shoulder back and down. All of this will help open up the thoracic area as well.

KY
Thanks.. any links to the youtube videos? I can't figure out how to PM you. Doesn't seem to be an option.

I am now scheduled for an injection in c6/c7 this friday. Trying the stretches and neck strengthening and posture fixes.

My primary symptom remains just 6 weeks of numbness in index / thumb and some soreness under my arm towards the back. I have trigger points for sure and can get them with a self massage bar which brings relieve sort of.

Can't help but think that hand on mouse/ bad posture over the years might have got a nerve all aggravated. Hope the shot helps.!
Atl_Golfer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote