View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Young TOS

My symptoms started three years ago when I was 20 years old. I had horrible shoulder pain and instant headaches from pressure on the many knots in my shoulder. When I turn my head I instantly get dizzy and feel like I'm in a daze most of the time. Due to school I had to carry a lot of heavy bags, but it got to the point where after wearing even a very light purse I would get a frantic overly tired feeling in my shoulders and arms and would have to sit down to relax my shoulders. I recently saw my doctor for my shoulder pain and had xrays and venous ultrasound. With my arms at 90+ degrees I had no blood flow to both arms. The believe I am having muscle spasms/knots/tightness in my shoulder from the lack of oxygen to the muscles.

Dr. Lum at John's Hopkins wants to do a rib resection and scalene muscle snip. Currently doing physical therapy to help get rid of the MANY knots in my shoulders to help with that pain which seems to trigger everyday headaches and frequent migraines. Both arms are swollen, left shoulder/arm a lot worse than right. My case is a little more complicated since I have a blood clotting disorder so they are watching me closely. Unable to carry anything on my shoulders, or carry heavy bags in my hands.