Thread: Zanax
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 10:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Xanax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewie View Post
I was referring to xanax. I didn't take one last night and hardly slept and my nerves are on fire today. My stomach seizure feelings have been better though. What you say is sure interesting. I read that pregabalin is also a gaba enhancer. I couldn't find any info on here about it used for nueropathy though.

I don't know if I made it clear here but I have been diagnosed with MALS and have talked to 2 surgeons that think the surgery may not help me. The nueropathy I have is directly related to my stomach though. Sometimes I feel fine until I eat then my nueropathy flares up, feet cramp up twitches all over. Other times I will be in lots of pain and eat and it will all go away. I woke up feeling horrible today, Ate a big (for me) lunch and have been much happier since. Also if I take anything for my stomach (ppi, stomach supplements such as pepzin or any supplement or food that is hard on the stomach) my nerves flare up like crazy. I took cymbalta and i made nerves really bad and made my stomach worse. I think I am going to have the surgery cause its the only way to know if it will help or not.

So my take is I respond to Gaba enhancing drugs or anti convulsants like xanax. What other gaba enhancing drugs are there?
Hi,

I started having panic attacks when I was in my early 20s and was prescribed Xanax.

The say it's habit forming I can see how it could be. 30 tablets could last me a year.

I like you could not sleep and have horrible pain and find the Xanax does help.

It's probably not the drug of choice for pain but it works and until I get something PN specific I will continue with my Xanax for peace of mind and sleep.
uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote