View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi socasusie,

I just saw this post now.

Thanks for attaching the photo. The site looks a bit inflamed but not bad and it's not surprising that the tissue is still open. It's also not surprising that it would hurt if something got inside the wound. However, it may be best for the dentist to take look as he may or may not want to re suture it.

Your explanation is fine .... but it may be best to see him.

Keep me posted.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by socasusie View Post
Hi Bryanna,

It's dental complication girl again.....

So, one of the stitches broke today-it's been 10 days, so no surprise. However, the gums didn't heal together, and it hurts now if anything gets over there. Is it possible to get dry socket with an implant, and also this late? It also tastes bad, but I'm not sure if something got in there and now that the stitch is out I can taste it. I can also see the implant through the hole.

I'm talking with the dentist tomorrow (he was out today) and possibly (probably) going back tomorrow.

Is this normal? I'm not sure what questions to ask the oral surgeon, or what symptoms to explain to make sure I'm giving him all the info.

I'm trying to attach the photo, but it was hard to get my phone in my mouth. LOL! I'm not sure it will help or not.

Any advice in what to say/ask/suggest is appreciated!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote