View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
I don't know if the age discrepancy is an error in the press release or if the FDA is taking a conservative stance and only approving it for adults at this time.

Another discrepancy I noticed (which IMO is material) is that the company website claims...
emphasis mine

...while the 67 patient study showed:

For us (migraine patients), any improvement is good news, but if any claim is/can be brought into question, that casts doubt/raises questions about any/all claims.

I also noted that...

So while about half were satisfied, about half weren't satisfied (i.e. convinced).

My take on it at this time is... A decent TENS unit can be gotten for <$100, with a lot more versatility than Cefaly @ ~$250-$400. I'm sure the high pricetag is due to patent and the sellers hoping insurance will pick up the tab. From what I know about electronics, a fair/reasonable (and still profitable) price would be more like $25-$40, which I think more people would be willing to take a flyer on, on basically a 50/50 proposition. Many will wait until someone figures out how to use a regular TENS unit for the same effect, or until TENS mfrs. include migraine settings/options on their units (which I'm guessing won't be very long).

Doc
Great points Doc. I agree with you!!
Thanks for your detailed replies
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote