View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 05:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepidreamer View Post
Hey everyone. This past Tuesday I had TOS surgery by Dr. Thompson. He removed my first and cervical ribs. He also removed my anterior and middle scalene muscles and performed a bilateral pec minor tenotomy.

I was nervous about a lot of things especially pain after surgery. However, they have managed my pain so well that I've had outpatient surgeries which resulted in more post-op pain than this.

I woke up in the recovery room with my pain about a 2-3 out of 10. It has stayed that way since the surgery. I'm a bit more sore now where they did the operation on my left side but it is very well manageable. I had a Dilaudid pain pump as well as a pain ball. I wasn't using the pain pump much so I requested that it come out yesterday and I've been taking Percocet as needed.

The staff here has been phenomenal. They have been very accommodating and have bent over backwards to help me and my wife. My pregnant wife had an emergency the same morning of my surgery and had to go to the ER than the OB floor. She is fine. They took very good are of her. The OR nurse called her in her hospital room every hour to keep her updated and Dr. Thompson called her afterwards and told her how the surgery went. I have been so impressed with the caliber of everyone who works here. Very professional, knowledgeable, and courteous. I should be out of here by Saturday. Will do another post in a couple days. I will check here periodically today and tomorrow so feel free to ask questions or comment. Thanks!
Thanks for updating! My experience at BJH was similar - I was very pleased with the whole process. I wish you the best with your post-op and your transition home. Take care!
JR1977 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote